Wednesday 3 April 2013

Eat Pizza in Italy and see the Vatican

Firstly as I was forewarned the pizza is bland compared to pizza at home, don't get me wrong it tastes great but is mostly just dough with tomato and cheese and eaten with a knife and fork. However the ravioli, risotto and pasta are fantastico!

The Vatican and its museum are undoubtedly impressive but..........without going into a rant I will just say its like the person in the pub who talks very loudly about how rich and wonderful they are and then sneaks out when it's their turn to buy a round. Sickening.

By far my favourite building in Rome is the Monumento Vittorio. Completed in 1935 this war memorial is much younger than most other buildings in Rome but just dazzled me, monolithic in white marble with those giant flying horse statues on the top.

The Colosseum and the Pantheon.....what can one say? At around 2000 years old they were astounding to see first hand and walk through.