Monday 24 December 2012

Lights, Camera, Action!



 This month I have finally fulfilled my wish to be an extra in a movie.
 Six of us shot the whole thing in four hours with two scene locations and I was also the boom operator. A great learning experience and a fun morning in the quiet Sunday morning streets of Rose Bay.
 It’s an independent short film called “The Payoff” and there I am as one of the “threatening” looking construction workers. The director flipped out when we were changing into our construction clothes because I had tattoos and insisted I be at the fore of each shot I’m in because that made me “look the toughest” which was quite hilarious although I did look very surly because I did a night shift before we started and I hadn’t slept for nearly twenty four hours.
 
I will be sure to let you know when it's edited and uploaded. At the end of the shoot I handed Bob the Director the script I wrote last month and he asked “when do you want to shoot it?” so it looks like I may actually be able to cross “make a movie” off THE LIST in the next month or two.